Thursday, August 9, 2007

cartoons, cracks and calluses

so i was watching ARTHUR (kiddie show) the other day on PBS and a cartoon version of Yo Yo Ma was on there playing his cartoon cello. and i wanted to play. badly. so i did.

i took my unrepaired Sadie darling out of her case to play her and was inspecting her cracks. they arent any bigger, but after a month of unrepairedness i am really getting nervous, especially since school starts soon and my mom wont drive me an hour to take Sadie to the shop. so i played her anyway. the tarantella. and after just three hours, i have most of it memorized. yay.

but i hate calluses. on my poor little fingertips. yup, and since i am in the water almost every day giving swim lessons, they are peeling off. and the new ones hurt. bad. but i continue to practice because i want to make state this year. and as soon as i can play the tarantella i will post an MP3 or something of it. thats all for now.
adios!
sarah and sadie

1 comment:

cellodonna said...

Sarah, I feel really bad for you about this. I hope that very soon your mom will have a chance to take Sadie to get patched up.