Tuesday, August 7, 2007

bad dream + cello = NIGHTMARE

so i had this bad dream. for anyone who doesn't know, i tripped over Sadie at a concert and cracked her in three places, luckily only on her right rib. and since we have yet been able to drive an hour to take her to the shop, she is sitting in her case because her stand rubs right where the crack is and i don't want it to get any worse than it already is.

anyway, my dream.

i was home alone for the first time in weeks and i finally got the chance to play my cello and i was ecstatic. when i pulled her out of her case, she looked alright, but i was nervous beacuse i hadn't played her since she had cracked. i started to play the lovely elgar cello concerto (this is when i knew it was a dream) but with every note i played, the cracks got even bigger! i didn't realize it, so i just kept playing. then, right before the end of the song, my cello shattered into elevendy-hundred pieces! i cried and cried, but stopped when i heard my dog drinking from the toilet. and when i woke up, my cello was fine, but Bear really was drinking from the toilet! that was 4:15 this morning and i have yet to fall back asleep, but it is now 8:33 and i am tired.

also, i decided to start learning that tarantella song. yeah, yeah, it's a little young for me, but i absolutely love the way it sounds. so i shall play it. when i get any good at it i will post a video or something to show you how it is going.

and an update on the toilet paper...
we got all of it out of the yard. hooray!
except we can't reach the top of the tree, so it is still white.

that's all for now. i have to go shopping. (yes maddie darling, i AM being social today. :D)

toodles!
sarah and sadie

3 comments:

Madeline said...

EEP! That's scary!!! I have to leave Win in Dallas for a week, so I'll probably have some pretty scary nightmares to share soon. XD

YAY FOR SOCIALNESS!

Madeline said...

Oh and I go to my dad's every other weekend (Since my parents are divorced) and that is the only time I can use the computer because I am never allowed to use it at my mom's ever ever again. Don't ask. Anyway... This is a special occasion... I'll explain later.

Winston sends Sadie his best... And this li'l heart thing <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds like a scary dream! Once I dreamed that I totally ripped the bridge and fingerboard right off Franz... luckily it was one of those dreams that was too outrageous to be scary. Still, it was a bit of a blow (to my dream-self).
Hope your cello gets better soon! ;-)