Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lesson Numero Uno (:

So I think I may be blogging about my lesson each week. Yes? Okay good (:

So today was my first lesson in... oh, 5 years? Yep, 5 years. So sad. Anyways, I like my teacher. He's from Albania and plays so beautifully. And he doesn't sugar coat things either, which is good for me. I like the truth.

I went in with the Dvorak piece Silent Woods that I was intending on playing for Solo & Ensemble. He looked through it and simply told me I was wasting my time with it. So instead I am now playing two concertos- the Saint- Saens and the Lalo. I've kinda already looking at the first movement of the Saint- Saens, so I should be able to have that ready by the end of January.

That's all for now! I'm sure I'm going to love this whole lesson thing (:

Love you all!
Sarah, Sadie & Henry

2 comments:

A. Hiscock said...

I'm so glad it went well! Looking forward to regular posts about your lessons with your new teacher.

Marilee Rockley said...

Good luck with your new teacher!